MADSOFT Games, inc.
Based in Edmonton, Alberta
DescriptionVRNinja is a fast-paced virtual reality game that challenges players to dodge their way past flurries of deadly weapons as they train to become the ultimate ninja master. Set in the scenic landscapes and locales of Japan, VRNinja transports players into a fully immersive virtual world where quick reflexes and razor-sharp focus are paramount to survival. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, VRNinja makes full use of the latest in VR technology, integrating 3D positional audio and head-tracking to craft a gameplay experience welcoming to newcomers and experienced VR gamers alike.
Development on VRNinja begins at the MADJAM 2015: Extra Life Jam, an Edmonton-based game jam where participants were challenged to create a game in only 24 hours based on randomly drawn themes. Nathaniel Rossol and his brother Alex Rossol team up on the project in the hopes of creating a unique and challenging VR gameplay experience for the competition. VRNinja earns a second place at the game jam.March 2016
At the end of Q1 2016, VRNinja is picked up for publication by the Edmonton indie video game development and publishing studio MADSOFT Games, inc.August 2016
VRNinja is currently slated to release in August 2016 on the Oculus Store for Rift.September 2016
VRNinja launches on the Oculus Store and Steam.
- Pick Up And Play Controls: There are few movements as natural to humans as the instinct to dodge when something is flying at your face. VRNinja makes the most of this by only requiring a VR headset to play; no additional peripherals or controllers required!
- Two Modes of Play: In Campaign Mode, you will be pitted against increasingly difficult waves of projectiles as you advance through the game’s three unique environments. Complete each area to unlock it in the tremendously challenging and endless Arcade Mode!
- Three Beautiful Japanese-Inspired Levels: Explore the peaceful Dojo, the steamy Hot Springs, and the spooky Nighttime levels! Each new area you discover introduces a new distraction that will test your observational skills and focus.
- Four Ninjutsu Weapons To Avoid: Quickly identify the patterns of incoming projectiles to survive! Each weapon has its own trajectory, whether it’s the straight-flying Kunai, the swirling and twirling Rockets, or the curving Shuriken. On top of the basic projectiles, you’ll also have to contend with the deadly Kunai Bombs. When their timer hits zero, they’ll explode and shower you with Kunai!
- Super Slow-Mo Ramen Power: Feeling overwhelmed? Take a break and slow down time by catching a flying bowl of ramen! This power-up is only temporary though -- make sure you’re ready once the knives start flying!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2nd Place Winner" MADJAM 2015: Extra Life Jam, November 8, 2015
- "3rd Place Team Choice Award" GDX Edmonton, May 8, 2016
VRNinja hasn't been the subject of any interesting article or (p)review yet. You could be the first!
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About MADSOFT Games, inc.
A small independent game development and publishing studio in Edmonton, Alberta.
More information on MADSOFT Games, inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
3D Modeller & Illustrator
Audio director & sound designer